Popular podcast host and 5th generation homesteader Melissa K. Norris shares how to preserve fruits, vegetables, and meats for year-round eating with over 80 delicious recipes. From A to Z you’ll learn which methods can be used for each food, and important safety techniques. You’ll get expert tips, detailed instructions, and easy-to-use recipes to preserve your food.
What’s in the Book?
- Over 80 delicious recipes
- 50+ charts, methods, and instructions for preserving 36 types of fruit
- 50+ charts, methods, and instructions for preserving 34 types of vegetables
- 15+ charts, methods, and instructions for preserving over 15 different types of meat — everything from beef to poultry and fish.
- Low and no sugar fruits, jams, and jellies (including no store-bought pectin recipes)
- Easy grab-and-go meals in a jar
- Crisp pickles no matter which preservation method you pick (including canned pickles with crunch!)
- Easy to read charts on how many pounds per jar, fermented brine solutions for each vegetable, how long to blanch (or if you need to), and MORE.
- Root cellar techniques WITHOUT a garage, basement, or root cellar.
- Discover how to put your freezer to work and how many cubic feet you need for bulk meat purchases.